Staff enjoying a pancake breakfast to launch Britain’s Biggest Brekkie event to raise funds for carers
A fundraising breakfast campaign to help local young carers got off to a flippin’ great start this week.
Families, friends and colleagues are now being urged to raise a (piece of) toast for local young carers and “wake up to caring” by getting together for fundraising fry-ups, pancakes and more.
She was diagnosed with dementia
Man who thought his wife no longer loved him because she refused to wash herself or clean the house tells of his heartache after she was diagnosed with dementia… at just 42
- Linzi and Mike Thomas met 12 years ago and fell ‘head over heels’ in love
- They got married in 2003 and have four children between them
- Linzi started ‘acting strangely’ and Mike thought she no longer loved him
- She stopped cooking and cleaning and was no longer affectionate
- After the relationship went downhill, she was diagnosed with dementia
- Linzi is now in a care home and has a two to ten-year life expectancy
A man who thought his wife no longer loved him has revealed his heartbreak after she was diagnosed with dementia aged just 42.