[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Spring on Line event in Norfolk

Spring on Line event in Norfolk

Spring on Line event in Norfolk

Postby wendy » 19 Mar 2013, 11:44

I have been busy at meetings for this today.
We may be able to arrange local transport.
Please tell as many carers in Norfolk as possible.
Can you let us know if you will be joining us.

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Spring on Line event in Norfolk

Postby wendy » 19 Mar 2013, 15:01

if you are volunteering for this event and you are not a member of Norfolk library, they have asked me to say could you get there half an hour before we start.
The library will be closed but they should let you in.
We may be able to arrange transport but will know for sure by the end of this month.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 19 Mar 2013, 15:22

gre55555 hop it goes well
annie

Postby wendy » 28 Mar 2013, 15:34

If you live in Norfolk within 10 miles of Norwich and would like transport to attend the event, please feel free to get in touch, and we will arrange transport.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 16 Apr 2013, 14:31

Reminder if you need transport then please let us know.

A lady phoned me this afternoon, to say she has a laptop, but is afraid to switch it on.

She is coming to our event next week.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 16 Apr 2013, 15:04

I hope we are able to help some of these people who are petrified to switch a computer on, we will show them they don't bite.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 20 Apr 2013, 12:33

Prize Draw

Spring Online Prize Draw - a chance to win £200 in high street vouchers!

For Spring Online 2013 we're inviting learners to take part in a prize draw where they could win £100 in high street vouchers for themselves and £100 in vouchers for the person who organised the Spring Online event that they attended.

Entering our prize draw?

All you have to do is enter your details in the form below. If you can’t quite manage the online form why not ask someone at your Spring Online event to help you?

Don’t worry, we won’t pass your details on to any third party but we would like to add your name to our monthly e-newsletter so we can let you know about other ways of learning about digital technology. If you don’t wish to be added to our mailing list, just tick the box when you submit your answer online.

The last chance to enter is Saturday 4 May 2013. Click here to see the terms and conditions which apply.

Good luck!

http://digitalunite.com/spring-online/p ... 20,4U1LJ,1
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 22 Apr 2013, 16:02

We are mentioned in the Eastern Daily Press and the Eastern Evening News today.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sandy4 » 22 Apr 2013, 17:08

co900
Stirling work!
33900 va654
sandy4

Postby Misspears » 22 Apr 2013, 19:18

co900

Ann x
Misspears

Postby wendy » 24 Apr 2013, 21:20

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 25 Apr 2013, 12:33

maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 25 Apr 2013, 15:29

We had 20 people attend.
I had Liz come round for lunch and then Barry and Irene called for tea in the afternoon.

Will be in touch later to tell you more.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 25 Apr 2013, 15:42

annie

Postby chenrezig » 25 Apr 2013, 15:52

The event was held at Hellesdon library…

whose staff were most helpful, providing table, chairs and coffee/tea…

…and had pre-booked four computers for us to use to help Carers get online …

The event was well-attended with 16 to 20 people coming in… either for a chat, coffee, or hands on help to learn how to do e-mail, online shopping etc

The library staff had also very kindly arranged some reminiscence kits that can be loaned out to library members, and that come in very handy suitcases

You can access a factsheet that explains better by clicking on this link, then clicking on the text “Reminisence Kits” that is underlined.

"Use our Reminiscence Collection
• to share memories
• to start a conversation
• to communicate
• to provide emotional and social stimulation"
chenrezig

Postby maureenho » 25 Apr 2013, 15:56

Great photo's Liz, I somehow managed to dodge the camera  sp0
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby chenrezig » 25 Apr 2013, 16:17

Sorry Mo, I was so eager to post the pics on Chill I missed these two out ...

chenrezig

Postby annie » 25 Apr 2013, 16:25

Great pics Liz, I think you were hiding Mo!!
annie

Postby maureenho » 25 Apr 2013, 16:35

You see I was so busy on the computer Liz only got my back  sp0

Some would say that's the best view  452
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 25 Apr 2013, 16:38

Thank you Liz for putting these photos on for us.  
Annie we had to take some photos with people looking away because they will go to Springon Line and we have to be careful.

The head of Norfolk Carers Council came and she had a good time.
The library did us proud and went to a lot of trouble for us.
They want us to make it a regular event.
I will go to the meeting at County Hall next week and suggest that the paid workers take over to get more carers on the internet.
There is such a need, and Mo and Liz and Myrna and others had great patience helping people today.  
Barry took Irene out to the seaside for the day, and they had fish and chips at Wells.

The carers  arrived looking nervous and went away with big smiles on their faces, so we must have done something right.
With thanks to everyone who took part, and thank you to the members who were unable to attend and kept the forum ticking over.
thank you

gpr gpr gpr gpr gpr gpr gpr gpr gpr gpr gpr gpr gpr
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 25 Apr 2013, 16:43

Even better view of me...I was behind the camera ! lol lol lol
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 25 Apr 2013, 17:14

If you don't live in Norfolk, I hope you haven't felt left out.
Please remember that Irene was not from Norfolk and like the many people who have visited us here in Norfolk over many years, we have done our best to make the visit an enjoyable one.

You never know, if you come to Norfolk, then it will be your turn, and will find out about the care and friendship you will have from our local members, because they really do care about YOU and Chill4us in a quiet but caring way.

than999 than999
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Myrna » 26 Apr 2013, 07:46

than999  For putting the phot'os on Liz,it was lovely to meet with you all
and to meet with new members.

Myrna xx
Myrna

Postby wendy » 30 Apr 2013, 17:33

I  have to give feedback to the library on what you got from the event.

I have heard from one of the carers.

I don't have time to go on the internet, but it was grand to come and meet other carers to talk about the net and bring my caree.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 30 Apr 2013, 17:38

From Joan.............I enjoyed the meeting at the Library. When I get chance I will try and go on the website.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Raising awareness, Campaigning and Important contacts.