The new care act, how will it affect you?

This is a Public board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

The new care act, how will it affect you?

Postby wendy » 07 Apr 2015, 16:10

Care Act FAQ - the answers are on the website below.

What is the Care Act?
The Care Act changes a number of things – will they all happen at once?
Do I have any new rights as a carer? Do I lose any rights as a carer?
Can I still get a carer’s assessment? Can the person I care for still get a community care assessment?
Are the eligibility criteria for community care services changing?
The person I care for has a care plan from the local authority, will this change?
What are the wellbeing principles which have been introduced?
Is there anything in the Care Act that means the person I care for might be charged more for services?
Are the capital limits for receiving services changing from April 2015?
The person I care for is a self-funder at the moment – will the local authority have to provide them with any help?
The person I care for is self-funding, is there anything we need to do to prepare for the changes coming in?
I have heard there is going to be a cap on care costs, is this part of the changes from April 2014?
Will I have to pay for services provided to me as a carer?
I provide care for my disabled child, can I have an assessment separately to my child?
I’m a carer for my child and they are turning 18 soon, what will happen to their care?
I provide care for a child under 18, but I am not their parent, can I ask for an assessment?
One of our children has caring responsibilities, what rights to they have under the care act?
I disagree with a decision the local authority have made, what are my options to challenge it?

What is the Care Act?

The Care Act replaces most current law regarding carers and people being cared for. It outlines the way in which local authorities should carry out carer’s assessments and needs assessments; how local authorities should determine who is eligible for support; the new obligations on local authorities; and how local authorities should charge for both residential care and community care.

The Care Act is mainly for adults in need of care and support, and their adult carers. There are some provisions for the transition of children in need of care and support, parent carers of children in need of care and support, and young carers. However the main provisions for these groups (before transition) are in the Children and Families Act 2014.

http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... re-act-faq

Please let us know
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The new care act, how will it affect you?

Postby JaneJ » 07 Apr 2015, 16:28

tha22222
JaneJ

Postby annie » 07 Apr 2015, 17:50

tha22222
annie

Postby Rosalind » 08 Apr 2015, 07:55

go90 tha22222
Rosalind

Return to Carers Window to the outside world