[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Meet up in Peterborough July 2010?

Meet up in Peterborough July 2010?

This is a Public board.

Moderator: Global Moderator

Meet up in Peterborough July 2010?

Postby wendy » 18 Jul 2010, 17:36

Hi All

As you know we were due to have a meet up in Peterborough for lunch, in October however the funding for this was turned down.
We still do want to meet up sometime in October but it will be up to each individual to fund the trip for themselves.

What we would like to know from you is would you still like to meet up at the original location of http://www.thegreatnorthernhotel.co.uk/Home/ in Peterborough which is right next to the railway station or Hotel Ramada http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Bo ... andInfo=RA or if one of these 2 are not suitable then you may have an alternate destination where you would like to meet.

How would you be arriving, by train or car?
Please bear in mind that if arriving by train then you would only want it a few minutes walk from the railway station.
Also, what date in October would you like to meet up, probably mid to late October would be good.

Thanks for your input.

Best wishes
Last edited by wendy on 02 Jan 2014, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Meet up in Peterborough?

Postby Hal » 18 Jul 2010, 17:58

Hi

Hopefully we will both be coming to the meet up in Peterborough.  Myself, I don't mind which of the hotels we meet up in.  Both of them are convenient for us.

We will be coming down by car ourselves.

Thanks

Hal
Hal

Postby annie » 18 Jul 2010, 18:25

I hope to get there, depends on whether Colin is available for Bill, don't know whether I shall come by car or train.I have no preference as to venue
annie

Postby LG » 18 Jul 2010, 22:17

I would definately like to come. Anytime is ok for me and I don't mind where we meet. We will be travelling by car.
LG

Postby GinGems » 19 Jul 2010, 06:14

Would love to though I can't do the first week as I'm away... I'll take caravan over and stay a few days on camp site to make life easier for me as I can't drive there and back in one day nor could I leave John for such a long time and he's got no respite booked for Oct
GinGems

Postby Hal » 23 Jul 2010, 15:42

Hi All

Just bringing this to the front once again. 
We have only had a few people posting on the meet up that is planned so can you please let us know if you would like to meet up in October.
Please let us know then we are able to make the decision as to where we will meet up.

Best wishes

Hal
Hal

Postby HotSheila » 23 Jul 2010, 20:09

So sorry I won't be able to come.  Sheila x
HotSheila

Postby Myrna » 23 Jul 2010, 20:16

I would love to come if i am able to get there

Myrna
Myrna

Postby wendy » 25 Jul 2010, 20:45

We think it will be October 14th.
But please don't book your train of anything until I have checked that the hotel will be available to take us.
Some of you are going to travel down the day before and intend to stay at a Travel Lodge.  I will leave you to say how much that would be and where the Lodge is.
I hope to arrive in Peterborough, by train about 11.30am on 14th and I think will leave at 3pm after lunch.
I looked at train fares and if I book now it would be £8 return.
I will post details about the lunch as soon as possible.
There is disabled access into the hotel.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 25 Jul 2010, 21:16

This is the hotel we will have lunch,  right opposite the train station.

http://www.thegreatnorthernhotel.co.uk/Home/
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 25 Jul 2010, 21:17

Lunch in carriages restaurant is:

£10.95 for 1 course

£13.50 for 2 courses

£17.50 for 3 courses

These prices may vary.

I will email them tonight to see if we could go there.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 25 Jul 2010, 21:22

Rosie Sandall from Yours may be joining us.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby GinGems » 26 Jul 2010, 07:08

I'm going away at beginning of October, will check the date of our return when I get home tomorrow... it may have to be a quick turn around then head straight over to Peterborough lol but as long as I've got couple of days to organise clean sheets, clothes and food etc oh and recoup some energy from previous journey lol then it should be okay for me, as I'm looking forward to meeting more members... so who else is planning on being there??
GinGems

Postby maureenho » 26 Jul 2010, 10:06

I will be there Ginny  ^^^^
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wendy » 26 Jul 2010, 10:08

and me hu****
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Myrna » 26 Jul 2010, 10:10

Mo too

ju098 ju098
Myrna

Postby Hal » 26 Jul 2010, 10:12

Joyce & I will be there

ju098 ju098 ju098
Hal

Postby Myrna » 26 Jul 2010, 10:12

Should have read me too!! but Mo will definately be there lol

m1ar
Myrna

Postby wendy » 26 Jul 2010, 15:11

happi
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hal » 27 Jul 2010, 12:25

Jenny

A date of the 14th October has been hopefully arranged.  Wendy is just waiting for the hotel where we are staying to get back to her.  Once this has come through then we will know for definite.

Hal
Hal

Postby wendy » 27 Jul 2010, 15:09

thanks Hal,
You got me worried there Jenny, but yes the date was there.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 28 Jul 2010, 12:18

It is ok for the 14th October,
so up to now, we have

Maureen,
Myrna
Hal and Joyce
Lesley,
Barry if his health is ok after the operation he is having in late September.
Please let us know
Last edited by wendy on 28 Jul 2010, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hal » 28 Jul 2010, 12:31

That will be fine for us.

Ginny said that she would be coming as well.  Going to stop over for a couple of days in her caravan.
Annie will also be coming providing she can get cover for Bill.

Jenny also hopes to make it over there as well.
Hal

Postby wendy » 28 Jul 2010, 12:33

I have done this wrong

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 28 Jul 2010, 12:42

As it's a Thursday I will definitely be going by car, it's only 65 miles from here, can do that in about 1 hour 20 min traffic permitting.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Carers Window to the outside world