[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Speaking at the All Party Parliamentary Group for Carers

Speaking at the All Party Parliamentary Group for Carers

Speaking at the All Party Parliamentary Group for Carers

Postby wendy » 10 Oct 2007, 09:20

Next Tuesday I have been asked to speak in Parliament at

Chair: Dr Hywel Francis MP; Secretary: Paul Burstow MP;
Treasurer: Tom Clarke MP

I will let you have more details as I can, but please think of me.
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Speaking at the All Party Parliamentary Group for Carers

Postby wendy » 10 Oct 2007, 09:27

Thanks girls, I hope it will be a chance in a lifetime for carers, that is why I am going not for just for me.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby graham » 10 Oct 2007, 09:51

This is without doubt a brave & courageous thing to do. You certainly have my full support & admiration in this.
graham

Postby lindann » 10 Oct 2007, 13:25

we will be thinking of you, l am sure you will do great, bless you hugs lindann xx
lindann

Postby christal » 10 Oct 2007, 15:23

go get them Wendy.you no you can do it.
dont forget the one at the back of the room, but dont shout where will be a mike. ;) :)
good lick not that you will need it :) Christal xxx
christal

Postby wendy » 10 Oct 2007, 16:59

This was me speaking at Luton University.  I had never done anything like it before,  I am nervous but with your thoughts I will get the carers message heard.
I will be wearing the same skirt as well, but a new blouse and a new coat. Oh dear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 10 Oct 2007, 18:40

Be thinking of you and wishing you all the best - go get them!

Liz x
chenrezig

Postby Honey » 10 Oct 2007, 23:36

Will be thinking of you, good luck and enjoy the day.
love marie
Honey

Postby cornflake » 11 Oct 2007, 12:16

You will look lovely Wendy.And yes we will all be there in spirit.Try not to worry too much.
Hugs Jenny
cornflake

Postby Maryann » 11 Oct 2007, 13:14

You'll be brilliant Wendy.  I know u'll be nervous, just practice your deep breathing beforehand and know that we will be behind you 100%.

Lovely pictures!!

Take care
Maryann x
Maryann

Postby wendy » 18 Oct 2007, 10:10

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 18 Oct 2007, 10:37

Just a few names of the people who I met
Dr Hywel Francis MP
Barbara Keeley MP
Phillipa Russell
Jenny Leitch Director of operation Services Crossroads

I will add more as I remember.
Last edited by wendy on 18 Oct 2007, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby joyce » 18 Oct 2007, 12:29

Well done Wendy and thank you ,Joyce
joyce

Postby wendy » 18 Oct 2007, 13:18

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby christal » 18 Oct 2007, 13:20

christal

Postby wendy » 18 Oct 2007, 15:10

Everyone received these notes

Article Date: 05 Sep 2007 - 1:00 PDT
Terms Of Reference For The Standing Commission On Carers, UK

As our society ages and changes, more individuals and families will face caring responsibilities. Care is a growing issue that will affect us all in some way in the future.

A wide-ranging consultation is currently under way on a new deal for the people that take on this important role of carer. This will continue, but the issue is of such importance that the Prime Minister has announced that a Standing Commission on Carers will be established, reporting to the Secretary of State for Health. Philippa Russell, a leading expert and advocate for carers, will work with Ivan Lewis, as Minister for Carers, to take forward this proposal.

The Standing Commission will:

-- Ensure the voice of carers is central to the development of Government policy;

-- Look at how carers will be affected by the long term issues of:

- Changes in demography meaning that carers are getting older while there is growing demand
- Changes in the choices people are making about how and where they want their care with more people wanting to be cared for in their own home
- Changes in technology which are supporting people to live independently for longer
- Changes in the caring relationships in families with, for example young and older carers
- Changes in the locations of families with more people working or living in areas that are further away from those who need to be cared for
- Changes in the number of adults and children with chronic conditions and mental health problems;

Have an overview of the current consultation and oversee the carers' strategy due to be published next year;

Monitor implementation of the carers' strategy and the new deal for carers.

Membership will be announced in due course. The Commission will need to pay due regard to existing and likely future fiscal and spending limits.

Secretary of State Alan Johnson welcomed the announcement:

"Today's announcement by the Prime Minister elevates the needs of carers to priority status for Government and society. Carers are remarkable people, a lifeline for the millions who rely on their compassion and dedication. As people live longer and disabled people lead fuller lives, greater numbers of people will find themselves in the role of a carer at some stage in their life. The needs of carers are, therefore, relevant to families throughout the country.

"It is fitting that Phillipa Russell, a leading expert and champion for carers, has been appointed to take forward this proposal alongside Ivan Lewis, the Minister for Carers. I have every confidence that the enthusiasm and knowledge of this partnership will drive forward the work of the Commission and provide expertise in implementing the Prime Ministers Carers' strategy next year."

Health Minister Ivan Lewis said:

"As the Minister for Carers, I'm excited at the prospect of working with Phillipa and carers organisations to tackle the major challenges we now face. The standing commission will address both short term and long-term issues. They include developing the Prime Minister's New Deal for Carers and responding to the fundamental challenges of an aging society, people choosing to receive care in their own homes, changing family structures and the need to reorganise the care system so more control is in the hands of those who use services and their carers."
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby graham » 18 Oct 2007, 15:47

I should like to thank you Wendy for what you have done. You are a true inspiration ....
graham

Postby michelle » 18 Oct 2007, 18:22

Hi Wendy
Have a great Day and enjoy, Do your damdest. I went in 1973 to campaign with some colleages for better wages for nurses, a scary prospect, but we just held in the back of our minds that they belonged to the human race with just the same functions as us, helped no end. Thats Nurses for you.
Michelle
michelle

Postby michelle » 18 Oct 2007, 18:31

Hi again Wendy
Sorry I will get the hang of posting, and more to the point realise there is more than one page. Very well done. thankyou for standing up for all of us.
Michelle
michelle

Postby patricia81 » 18 Oct 2007, 21:38

Congratulations Wendy - you are a true star! Lots of love,Patriciaxx
patricia81

Postby wendy » 04 Nov 2011, 16:29

this is how my trips to Westminster all started.

http://chill4uscarers.co.uk/campaigning-for-carers/
Last edited by wendy on 25 Feb 2012, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Raising awareness, Campaigning and Important contacts.