[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Care and Support- the conference

Care and Support- the conference

Re: Care and Support- the conference

Postby Jsmum » 07 Nov 2008, 12:00

Ian

Its clauses like this that are the slippery slope.  Disabled people are less mobile.  Their carers are confined to the homes of the people they care for.  This lack of exercise makes us fat.  There is no getting away from it.

Its not about "bad diets" or poor eating habits.  If you are tired, exhausted and run down, you have no access to proper respite, then you are hardly going to go jogging every day are you?

So, the health service is now using that as an excuse NOT to provide effective health care.

Its cruel.

It reminds me of the old days where the terminally ill were left out in the "fresh air" for their health until they caught pneumonia and died.  Its a side-ways form of Euthanasia.

Nessie x
Jsmum

Postby wendy » 07 Nov 2008, 13:39

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kenm » 07 Nov 2008, 13:44

kenm

Postby Jsmum » 07 Nov 2008, 19:10

Jsmum

Postby wendy » 11 Nov 2008, 11:35

I emailed them again about fuel poverty for carers, after speaking about it at the event in front of everyone.
I have received this email this morning.
So keep your fingers crossed.

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for bringing your knowledge and experiences to our engagement -
your contribution is much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Edward Gilbert
Care and Support
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 11 Sep 2009, 13:00

bumping this up again for you.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sandy4 » 11 Sep 2009, 13:13

Thank you Wendy!

Lest we forget! 

It has all been over before and what has changed? 

Today there is talk about a register for you should you take, as a favour, a child not your own to school as you take yours, You will be charged to register on this, another stealth tax?

I have not complaints about protecting kids but some ideas pushed out are ill thought out? 

I want protection for me, you, I want the same sort of register for care professionals and care homes and thatw ill not happen if there is only me asking for that. 
sandy4

Postby wendy » 22 Sep 2009, 18:57

A reminder that I will be attending this on Friday.
So any more questions or thoughts???
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 16 Nov 2011, 23:22

maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby freedomlife » 17 Nov 2011, 16:11

Very interesting subject.   It appears that nothing has changed.
I've recently been threatened with dismissal from my one day
job due to "not being very reliable" and if not able to let my place
of work  know early enough then I lose one days pay, even though
they know I'm a carer. Its a struggle now on £205 pcm  without
losing anything else.  I think those in goverment really aren't
living in the real world.   moan over !
love and hugs Janet xx
Last edited by freedomlife on 25 Feb 2012, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
freedomlife

Previous

Return to Raising awareness, Campaigning and Important contacts.