[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Reply from the Chancellor

Reply from the Chancellor

Postby wendy » 07 Jun 2008, 10:14

Letter from Norman Lambs office
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wendy on 07 Jun 2008, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 07 Jun 2008, 10:15

from the Chancellors office
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wendy on 07 Jun 2008, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 07 Jun 2008, 10:16

last bit of the letter.
Last edited by wendy on 07 Jun 2008, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Reply from the Chancellor

Postby wendy » 07 Jun 2008, 11:30

Now this is open to you.
Do you think we should take up this wonderful opportunity with Mr Lamb and ask him to pursue this matter for all carers.
It is urgent so please post a reply asap.
Chill4us Team
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 07 Jun 2008, 13:24

We must remind you about copy and pasting information to other forums.
This is mentioned in our rules and we ask you not to do this and anyone found to have done so will have their membership deleted straight away.
The Chill4us team.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 07 Jun 2008, 13:52

The opportunity is that Mr Lamb is willing to take the matter further for carers and fight for us.
Remember we met him and we know his strong feelings about this.
Maybe you would rather we do not take this opportunity.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 07 Jun 2008, 14:40

Thank you very much Belle, it is nice to know that it is appreciated what we do.
I will ring Norman's office on Monday, remember we do know him.
I think it is good that he has said he will take it further.
What do others think?
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sandy4 » 07 Jun 2008, 16:47

Taking up an issue that did not affect the one raising it would get more attention from me if (the very unlikely event of me), replacing  Norman Lamb.
sandy4

Postby douglas » 07 Jun 2008, 17:52

im not into politics but i agree with barbsy if it helps some of us
aleast we are getting somwhere instead of standing still
if it helps the working carers good luck to them those of us
who it doesnt we might have to wait a bit longer but it would be a start
its a foot in the door so to speak
                    doug
douglas

Postby wendy » 07 Jun 2008, 20:35

Dorothy,
If you care to look back on our posts, you will read that I said he dictated the letter whilst we were in his office.
You are going to have to trust me on this but both Moira and myself heard what he said.
I cannot do any more and I am sorry you appear to be picking at what we have tried to do.
I do not have the time or the energy to do any more than what I already do some of which is at financial cost to ourselves. 
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby graham » 07 Jun 2008, 21:23

What is your agenda here Dorothy ?........It does seem to me you are 'picking holes' in other peoples efforts to encourage change.......! Are you in some way 'privy' to what is a standard letter from a Minister..........I would doubt it. It seems to me you are making assumptions without any real knowledge or understanding of what happened at the meeting. I'm sure many friends here look forward to hearing from you with regard to your plans to improve the 'carers lot'....ie meeting Ministers & shadow Ministers etc etc etc.......
graham

Postby ians1 » 09 Jun 2008, 06:49

When I asked (via our MP) what tax concessions the government were going to make for Carers the answer was an unequivocal "NONE".  So I don't know what they might be thinking of, but it does not involve any money coming our way.

Its the Treasury office you need to complain to, they hold the purse strings, and without their agreement no government department gets any cash at all, no matter what ministers might say.

ian
Last edited by ians1 on 09 Jun 2008, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
ians1

Postby wendy » 09 Jun 2008, 08:54

Thanks Ian, that is what Mr Lamb will do.
I have already spoken with his office this morning, and if anyone would like to find some words for me then I will include them in the email.
thanks
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ians1 » 09 Jun 2008, 12:08

They would not like my words, lol!

Something along the lines of "when are Carers going to get tax breaks on a par with Foster Carers?"

and "Make items VAT exempt for Carers"

and "Reduce Income Tax still further to zero for ALL working Carers"

and "Remove CAR and FUEL Tax and Road Fund License for ALL Carers"

Theres some dinosaur sized bones to pick!

ian

oh and while hes down for the count, throw in

"VAT Exemption for Carers Gas, Water and Electric bills"

and finally "Free TV license and Sky"
Last edited by ians1 on 09 Jun 2008, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
ians1

Postby wendy » 09 Jun 2008, 12:14

Ian, thanks for your comments.  ;D
We have already taken all our care Watch thoughts to him when we saw him.
On this occasion he is talking about the 10p tax burden on carers that are able to work.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ians1 » 09 Jun 2008, 13:31

So there would be nothing to stop you adding to whats already been put forward re reduce income tax to zero for all Carers (or those Carers on Pensions who pay tax)?

ian
Last edited by ians1 on 09 Jun 2008, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
ians1

Postby wendy » 09 Jun 2008, 13:34

Ian,
I admit I am not very good sometimes at finding the right words and I want to get this issue correct for everyone.
Any help is gladly received.
We can make something of this if we try.
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 09 Jun 2008, 15:38

Thanks for your pm's.  I will put something together later today.
Any more please pm. today.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby skye » 09 Jun 2008, 15:48

Hi Wendy
If it is of any help I will post any comments I have on this after tomorrow....the BIG DAY...when we'll have more idea of what 'changes' the govt have decided on...difficult to make any valid comments until then.  Please feel free to ignore my comments or use...I won't be offended.
best wishes
Belle :)
skye

Postby wendy » 09 Jun 2008, 15:51

Belle,
I will be delighted.  I cannot believe it will be happening tomorrow. Ivan Lewis told us over and over that it would not be announced in carers week.
If it is then I will never believe a thing they say.
We nearly got him on the floor as well.  ;)  but seriously we did bombard him.
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 13 Jun 2008, 15:46

Belle,
Well I am looking forward to reading your account.
Wendy
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Raising awareness, Campaigning and Important contacts.