The Exbury Egg

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

The Exbury Egg

Postby annie » 01 May 2016, 10:34

I came across this giant egg structure yesterday when I went down the canal bank, hadn't a clue what it was & then I did some research , apparently it is on tour round the UK & Burnley is the first stop

The Exbury Egg was originally located for over twelve months on the Beaulieu River in the care of The Exbury Estate through 2013 and 2014
“The ‘blueprint’ for the Exbury Egg, echoes its symbolism as a blueprint of life. Aesthetically perfect, eggs contain in embryo the essentials for new life. From primate to plankton they embody the idea of new birth and renewal, protection and fragility. In an urban 21st century world where we are increasingly disconnected from nature I wanted to use this ancient archetypal symbol to nurture re-enchantment with the natural world, as a step toward a sustainable future. The Exbury Egg is a sculptural form that evolves and changes though time as it is bleached by the sun, scoured by wind and rain and below the waterline accrues algae, worm and barnacles; an evolving form that echoes changes to the surrounding landscape itself and turns the egg into a calendar of the seasons. Inside, my own journey is catalogued in collections of digital imagery, found objects, drawings and personal maps that are all derived from its particular estuary location. In this way the Exbury Egg becomes a major sculptural element in a time based happening, integrating inside with outside in a creative archive that reduces the distance between people and nature.” Stephen Turner, 2014

http://www.exburyeggtour.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
annie

Return to TV, Pets, Books,Films,Radio,Knitting and Hobbies