Xmas Decorations ...

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

Xmas Decorations ...

Postby chenrezig » 30 Nov 2015, 18:10

One of the ladies I work with runs the sewing/fabric/embroidery classes and she kindly offered to do some taster sessions for the staff at dinnertime.

I had my first go with a sewing machine today - managed not to sew myself to the fabric !

They are about 2 1/2" high -two triangles of material, place together so the right side is inside, sew along two longest edges. Very carefully snip little bits out of the side making sure you don't cut where you have sewn up, turn inside out. Sew along the bottom placing a piece of ribbon folder in half (as with the red dotted ribbon in the pic), or a small piece of felt. Then sew a loop on top, in this case brown twine.

I miss next weeks session as I am on a course, but the week after I will have a go at the little flower brooches that we can make as well.

Another lady is going to teach us how to make little pressie boxes for small pieces of jewellry .. and later another "lady" is going to do a taster for knitting .. guess who ? lol I thought they were asking if I was interested in doing the tasters as a student .. it turns out they want me to do sessions as a teacher ! I think maybe some of my little knitties, or something simple like a mug hug?

x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chenrezig

Re: Xmas Decorations ...

Postby Honey » 02 Dec 2015, 00:09

than999
they are lovely, well done. x
Honey

Postby Rosalind » 02 Dec 2015, 00:28

Well done Liz, they look great.
Rosalind

Postby annie » 02 Dec 2015, 09:30