[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - I wonder why?

I wonder why?

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

I wonder why?

Postby wendy » 03 Jul 2014, 17:58

I was thinking how wonderful nature is.  Then I got thinking about birds.
Why do some birds eat other eggs and chicks and some do not.
I mean a pigeon eats grain, but why does a magpie steal other chicks and eggs?
They are about the same size.
What makes a cuckoo lay its eggs in another birds nest?
Do you have any thoughts you wish you knew the answer to?
Please say, no matter how daft they are.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I wonder why?

Postby wendy » 03 Jul 2014, 17:59

magpies will also steal chicken eggs.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 03 Jul 2014, 18:20

When I read this, an old song title came to mind, though not sure I want to know the answer lol

"Does your chewing gun lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight?"
chenrezig

Postby annie » 03 Jul 2014, 19:08

I have absolutely no idea Wendy there are some very queer quirks of nature aren't there?
annie

Postby maureenho » 03 Jul 2014, 21:24

Nature is a mystery, it reclaims and reproduce.

Here is a strange thing, the way water goes down the plug hole in different parts of the world, here it swirls around to the right, has anyone been anywhere in the world and noticed it, or is it just me weird.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JaneJ » 04 Jul 2014, 13:05

I remember that song and as a child I just had to know the answer!!! I didn't have  abed post so the bed side table was where I stuck it (please don't tell my mum on me!!) And although it does lose a lot of flavour (depending on how much you chewed it before sticking!) I does retain some! The best bit is it is really hard to start off chewing it in the morning!! But with perseverance it goes back to normal chewability!!

I would love to see the water swirl in the opposite direction. My sister told me it does but I haven't been lucky enough to see it!!

Why is the mystery of the missing sock when washing never been solved?
JaneJ

Postby wendy » 04 Jul 2014, 15:11

oh yes, that missing sock.
it drives me mad
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 04 Jul 2014, 15:19

maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JaneJ » 04 Jul 2014, 18:08

Which country does it go straight down? I didn't know that.

I hope they are clean socks floating round the universe!! Whiffy!!
JaneJ

Postby maureenho » 04 Jul 2014, 18:21

Many years ago I went to Tenerife and the water goes straight down there.

maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JaneJ » 05 Jul 2014, 19:54

How bizarre! Is it to do with where they are on the globe?

I always thought it went round one way or the other.

Fascinatting. i will check plugs wherever I go in case it flows differently!!

hu**** hu**** hu****
JaneJ

Return to TV, Pets, Books,Films,Radio,Knitting and Hobbies