[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Blue tits

Blue tits

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

Blue tits

Postby sandy4 » 05 Jun 2014, 13:47

Blue Tits!

Not the story of an Icelandic nudist colony but of the birds of that name.

Last year 2013 there were several visits to the bird boxes in the canopy at my brothers house, I saw this when I visited then for some reason nothing developed despite there being five boxes high on the house wall none at that time appeared to suit. 

This year one did and on my visit in May I saw the busy little things flying back and forth all day long with food for the developing chicks. Later on little faces appeared at the ‘door’ waiting for grub along with little chirps as hunger bit into the little birds, at time the parents fed through the ‘door’ then went in as I later imagined was to ensure they all got some food and not the best developed as is often the case as I understand it to be leaving the ‘runt’ to suffer and sometimes die. 
I know little about birds but I do think that with some species this happens the older and stronger live at the expense of the weaker.  It was clear that at the end of my visit the chicks were well developed and soon would leave the nest, I heard more noise and the trial fluttering of wings. 
I was brought home on Tuesday the 3 of June and one the Wednesday my Brother rang and told me they had left the nest with him sitting watching as the chicks flew onto the top of the long box then along the wall to the shelf opposite the door with the parents appearing to encourage the smaller one, Big brother sat and watched all this and it made me sorry that I had not been there to witness this after seeing all the hard work put in by the parents. 
sandy4

Re: Blue tits

Postby JaneJ » 05 Jun 2014, 14:06

It must have been wonderful to see.

They are very fussy with their homes it seems!!
JaneJ

Postby annie » 05 Jun 2014, 15:16

Thanks for this Sandy must have been great to witness it
annie

Postby Misspears » 05 Jun 2014, 15:23

tha22222
Misspears

Postby wendy » 05 Jun 2014, 15:36

what a beautiful story,