Surprise guest .... !

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

Surprise guest .... !

Postby chenrezig » 11 May 2014, 19:43

Just had a surprise guest in my flat ..

I was about to shut my front door as had had it open to clear the paint fumes after finishing painting my inside doors and thought out of the corner of my eye I saw something move behind me! There in my lounge was a very pretty little white n tabby young cat. I recognised it as my neighbours downstairs - it stared it me with huge eyes then made a dive for my bureau and hid behind it. Though I would back off n let it come out of its own accord as I didn't want to frighten it more ...

Heard my neighbour calling downstairs ... she had been trying to get the cat in n presumably it didn't want to and decided to investigate my flat lol It took the two of us and few goes to get it out , me rattling the cables and her  trying to grab it as it backed up - we managed in the end

Livened up the evening rather  5mo

At least it didn't try and hide in the rooms where I painted the doors as they are still a bit sticky - I will be sleeping on the sofa in the lounge tonight I think as they didn't dry as quick as I thought they would - one is my bedroom door and I did both sides...
chenrezig

Re: Surprise guest .... !

Postby Rosalind » 11 May 2014, 20:20

What an interesting time you have had  5mo  sp0
Rosalind

Postby wendy » 11 May 2014, 21:35

This is wonderful of you to share this delightful story with us Liz, thanks ever so much.
If every member could tell us a tale now and then, it would make the forum more interesting.
My tale is to say the cafe where we meet every Wednesday was in the local Evening news last night.  A whole page telling everyone how gorgeous the food is and all hand cooked on the premises.
There are some great pics as well, but I just cannot find the article on the internet.
The heading is
White Lion is a roaring success.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 11 May 2014, 21:53

Cats are sneaky little things, we once had one get in the house and go upstairs where we use to live, the best of it was it walked straight past the Dog and the Dog did nothing until we discovered it and she tried to act brave, daft Dog.

Some years back we had a frog got in and it was discovered at 2am, it got under my daughters bed, you can imagine the palaver in the middle of the night, then a few days later another got in and got stuck behind the fridge freezer, thankfully that was during the daytime.

Has anyone else had unexpected guests  ^^^^
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JaneJ » 12 May 2014, 07:15

Years ago had I a gorgeous black and white cat called Eddie. He was somewhat of a character.

5am one morning he decided to bring in a bird which he knew I was terribly phobic of!!! My landlord was a way so I rang my next door neighbour but in my terror I mis-dialled 3 times to the same -now grumpy- person!!

I finally got through to Bob and he said he would meet me at the front door which meant me running at a great rate of knots past a petrified bird!!

I am now in my jim jams at the top of the drive whilst the poor bird was rescued. Unfortunately it died of shock.

Eddie at this point came sauntering down the drive looking very innocent when I told him off. His innocent look was a waste of time as he still had one of the feathers on his head!!!
JaneJ

Postby annie » 12 May 2014, 07:58

I caught our cat Boris in the Kitchen avidly watching the corner by the sink. Couldn't see anything , so left him to it. Later on he was in the lounge fascinated by something under the settee, it was a field mouse!!.  I  shooed Boris  out, got the humane trap & gently lifted the settee, the poor thing as just sat there frozen, like a rabbit in headlights. I eased the trap towards it & thankfully, it didn't move & I captured it , then took it down the lane and released it in the fields, Phew, that was a relief,as Bill is not too comfortable around mice
annie

Return to TV, Pets, Books,Films,Radio,Knitting and Hobbies