How are you finding Hayleys cancer?

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

How are you finding Hayleys cancer?

Postby wendy » 14 Jan 2014, 11:30

Coronation Street suicide of Hayley Cropper done in 'almost holy atmosphere'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10568889/Coronation-Street-suicide-of-Hayley-Cropper-done-in-almost-holy-atmosphere.html

I have watched Corrie on and off from when it began, but having lost so many family members to cancer, I am finding this story line really tough, and may not continue to watch.

It is difficult to watch because of the memories, but then to bring the suicide story in as well, I dont think I could bare it.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How are you finding Hayleys cancer?

Postby maureenho » 14 Jan 2014, 11:50

I lost my Sister to Pancreatic Cancer and having watched my sister die from this I have found how they have portrayed 'Hayley's' cancer is nothing to how my poor sister suffered and she never contemplated suicide.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Misspears » 14 Jan 2014, 11:54

I can't watch it,I think of Sandra my daughter Karens sister in law who asnt gone long to live

Ann x
Misspears

Postby annie » 14 Jan 2014, 14:04

Every death is different & depends on good palliative care being available. Whilst I do not agree with taking your own life, I can understand why people in severe uncontrolled pain want to end their life. Even with the best care, pain in 1% of patients is uncontrollable, especially when experiencing nerve pain.
annie

Postby JaneJ » 14 Jan 2014, 17:25

I think she is doing a good job of this story line.

it is so hard and emotional to watch. I too find the suicide part really difficult to cope with as a friend of ours ids terminal and like Hayley wants to be in control at the end so it is rather close to home.
JaneJ

Return to TV, Pets, Books,Films,Radio,Knitting and Hobbies