[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - First day as a community first responder

First day as a community first responder

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

First day as a community first responder

Postby JaneJ » 19 Nov 2013, 11:11

I am so excited.

I have all the training, the uniform and steel toe cap shoes! now I am about to embark on my first day as a volunteer first responder.

I am going to Market Bosworth on Thursday to shadow a team who have been up and running for years. they are allowing us to shadow them to get some experience and improve our skills.

I will be there all day on Thursday with my heart in my mouth hoping the phone does/doesn't ring!

Will let you know how I get on.

xxxxx
JaneJ

Re: First day as a community first responder

Postby maureenho » 19 Nov 2013, 11:23

It is a wonderful thing you are doing Jane, getting out there and saving lives, if I was younger I'd consider doing something like that myself.

Will be thinking of you Thursday and wishing you all the very best, looking forward to hear how your first day went.

goo@@@@ goo@@@@ goo@@@@ goo@@@@ goo@@@@
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jeanne » 19 Nov 2013, 11:41

Great news Jane, I know that you will do very well, as you are a very caring person. I will be thinking of you on Thursday. Best wishes. x Jeanne
Jeanne

Postby annie » 19 Nov 2013, 11:49

That's wonderful to hear Jane, enjoy!!!! goo@@@@
annie

Postby JaneJ » 19 Nov 2013, 13:13

Thank you all so much.

I will let you know how it goes!

I really appreciate all your support.

xxxxxx
JaneJ

Postby wendy » 19 Nov 2013, 14:19

I am so proud of you.
So who is this with?
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Misspears » 19 Nov 2013, 16:14

Will be thinking of you Jane you will be fine

Love Ann x.  goo@@@@
Misspears

Postby mumxtwo » 19 Nov 2013, 16:42

Wishing you the best of goo@@@@  I know you will be brilliant at first responding hu****

Love and very supportive hugs hu**** xxxxxxxxxxxx
mumxtwo

Postby JaneJ » 19 Nov 2013, 17:42

The Shepshed Lion's club are sponsering us. There are a few of their members in the scheme and a few of us locals. It is very popular all over the country and well supported by the ambulance service too.
JaneJ

Postby JaneJ » 22 Nov 2013, 15:52

What a fab day and learning curve!!

I started my shift with an experienced responder at 9am. We checked all the equipment and got ourselves ready. We had one call out to an unconcious man which was a gentle first call compared to a lot of responders! He is doing well.

We might have had more calls but the lady I was shadowing forgot to inform the call desk we had left the scene! So we had plenty of time to go through lots of things I will come up against.

Got home for 5 to realise I was locked out!! met Liv and Lee at her football tournament and stopped at the chippy on the way home then out again for training with my team for 7.30!! Home by 10.30 and totally shattered but very satisfied. Our team will be going live in 2 weeks so very exciting times.

Really enjoyed it but under no illusion that it will be easy!!!

Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes.

xxxxxx
JaneJ

Postby Jeanne » 22 Nov 2013, 16:56

So glad that your first day went so well Jane. I look forward to hearing more of your news. x Jeanne
Jeanne

Postby maureenho » 22 Nov 2013, 17:34

It is a wonderful thing you are doing Jane, we are all very proud of you.

maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mumxtwo » 22 Nov 2013, 17:41

happi Jane, you are a shining star hu****
mumxtwo

Postby annie » 22 Nov 2013, 17:49

I am glad it went well!!! 9h3 gpr gpr gpr
annie