[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Tomatoes

Tomatoes

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

Tomatoes

Postby wendy » 11 Aug 2013, 17:51

A lady on twitter has shown us her tomatoes, aren't they fab.  Mine are still green.
Do you have any photos of your tomatoes?
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tomatoes

Postby wendy » 11 Aug 2013, 17:53

the lady has now posted more pics of her veg

I think they are wonderful

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby daisy » 11 Aug 2013, 18:06

Lovely fresh produce - well done
daisy

Postby Misspears » 11 Aug 2013, 18:31

The tomatoes look delicious
Misspears

Postby maureenho » 11 Aug 2013, 18:48

I have picked tomatoes and runner beans from my garden today, can't beat fresh veg.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mumxtwo » 12 Aug 2013, 07:47

Yummy o904
mumxtwo

Postby annie » 12 Aug 2013, 09:07

Look great. My tomatoes are still green, but have some beans and sugar snaps ready, still on the plants
annie

Postby maureenho » 12 Aug 2013, 09:24

To get tomatoes to ripen hang a ripe tomato near the green ones and they will soon start to ripen.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby annie » 12 Aug 2013, 11:25

Thanks for the tip Mo
My sugar snaps  readyfor tea today & my beans
I am quite pleased as I have never grown peas and beans before & they are only in a large pot with the basketwork trellis I made at a carers workshop

annie

Postby wendy » 12 Aug 2013, 11:33

they are fantastic, you must be ever so pleased
who will be next to show us their veg? 6-==
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby maureenho » 12 Aug 2013, 11:36

Well done Annie, they look lovely.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Misspears » 12 Aug 2013, 12:28

I don't grow my own veg

Ann x
Misspears

Postby JaneJ » 12 Aug 2013, 12:34

I don't either Ann.

My mum does and is great at it as well as my sister.

Did grow chives once but never got to use them as Alivia used to eat them!!! Always caught her at it as her breath would smell!!!!

xxx
JaneJ

Postby wendy » 12 Aug 2013, 16:36

mine are going red, I am pleased.  Just two at the bottom, but loads of green ones.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 13 Aug 2013, 08:01

I did have a little tomato plant with mini ones on but I didn't take a pic...

I have got one of some beans that my uncle has been growing on their patio.. they picked some for me to bring home... (and I checked prior to going that I was allowed to bring veg etc back re customs etc).  I had a few for tea last night and I am trying to make them last as long as possible...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chenrezig

Postby Bernie » 13 Aug 2013, 08:08

They all look yummy, nothing better than fresh veg. You are such a clever lot, well done, love Berniexx
Bernie

Postby Jeanne » 13 Aug 2013, 09:08

The vegetables look lovely, how nice to eat them when freshly picked. In our old bungalow we grew runner beans two years running, a few strawberries, gooseberries, which I love, and one marvellous year, a beautiful, enormous pumpkin grew in our garden, it must of came from seeds that we put in the bin. In this house, we have only planted rosemary and mint, but blackberries grow just behind our back wall. Roseanna picked a lot for me yesterday and I am going to put them in a crumble with some apples. Thankyou for the lovely posting. x Jeanne
Jeanne

Postby wendy » 19 Sep 2013, 13:51

any more pics for our Harvest Festival?
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TV, Pets, Books,Films,Radio,Knitting and Hobbies