[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Free Online Study Courses...

Free Online Study Courses...

This is a Public Board

Moderator: Global Moderator

Free Online Study Courses...

Postby chenrezig » 24 Apr 2012, 19:02

It is quite a while since these were posted, so I have checked out to see what is available ... and found these websites are still on the go as it were

I haven't tried the BBC courses apart from the Webwise, Skillswise, and First Aid courses. I have tried quite a few of the OU ones and foudn them to be worthwhile if you just fancy learning something new without the commitment of a long course. The other, I have done a few for fun ...

FREE ONLINE COURSES

BBC Website …
http://www.bbc.co.uk/learning/onlinecourses/
-some of the subjects covered are
Art and Design, Basic Skills, Building Skills, Business Studies, Cars, Children's Learning, Crafts, English, Environmental Studies,
Food and Catering, Gardening, Health and Nursing, History, Homes, Information Technology, Languages, Legal and Consumer,
Maths, Media Studies, Music, Performing Arts, Personal Development, Religious Studies, Schools, Science, Sports and Fitness

Open University –Open Learning courses
http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/
-topics covered are
Arts and Humanities
Business and Management
Childhood and Youth
Computing and ICT
Education
Engineering and Technology
Environment, Development and International Studies
Health and Social Care
Languages
Law
Mathematics and Statistics
Psychology
Science
Social Science

Hope you find somthing of interest?

Liz
Last edited by chenrezig on 06 May 2014, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
chenrezig

Re: Free Online Study Courses...

Postby debzsanderson » 24 Apr 2012, 20:13

go90 than999
debzsanderson

Postby Honey » 24 Apr 2012, 21:53

than999
go90
x
Honey

Postby Jeanne » 25 Apr 2012, 13:00

Thanks a lot Liz. I'm going to have a look on these sites and see what I can study. I've been looking for a suitable course for ages.xx Jeanne
Jeanne

Postby annie » 25 Apr 2012, 13:27

than999
annie

Postby daisy » 25 Apr 2012, 18:16

Thank you very much for posting this information - I have been thinking of doing some kind of informal study but did not know where to start.

go90
daisy

Postby Misspears » 25 Apr 2012, 19:28

than999
Misspears

Postby debzsanderson » 02 Jul 2012, 13:10

Just signed up to a couple of these courses-thought it would give me something to do and take my mind off stuff

debz xx
debzsanderson

Postby Jeanne » 02 Jul 2012, 18:07

I have signed up to do an OU Course in Understanding Society. I've started it already, although I find it a bit hard to concentrate. I think I need more self discipline. I had to pay, as I started an OU course years ago and never completed it, due to health reasons. The tutor seems to be really friendly and helpful. x Jeanne
Jeanne

Postby wendy » 02 Jul 2012, 18:57

Some of us have completed OU courses, so ask if you want any ideas, although I wont know the answers  do877 do877 do877 do877

I think you will find it really interesting and great fun.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Misspears » 02 Jul 2012, 19:23

Good luck Jeanee.

Ann x
Misspears

Postby ann marshall » 03 Jul 2012, 07:01

A big well done to you all.

i really take my hat off to you doing these courses.

im cheering you on and hope you all do really well

love Ann(M)
ann marshall

Postby wendy » 19 Dec 2012, 19:04

wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby annie » 19 Dec 2012, 19:27

Good for you Jeanne, hope you enjoy it!
annie

Postby Jeanne » 21 Dec 2012, 22:36

I feel really disappointed with myself, I couldn't keep up the course. I couldn't concentrate, with George not always in good health, moving etc., I would like to try something tho. I'm going to try and get a desk in the spare room and do some kind of writing again, my brain feels very rusty! x Jeanne
Jeanne

Postby maureenho » 21 Dec 2012, 22:39

Jeanne you could always do some writing on your laptop.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jeanne » 21 Dec 2012, 22:44

Thanks Mo, I am going to try after Christmas. I need to discipline myself. Trouble is George doesn't like being on his own in the living room, and I can't concentrate. We have bought a small t.v. and are going to fit it up in our bedroom and I can be next door, he can call to me and I am going to put a kettle and toaster in there, so we can share a cuppa together. It's worth a try. x Jeanne
Jeanne

Postby annie » 22 Dec 2012, 10:02

Dont be hard on yourself Jeanne,  you haven'tfailed, it is just not the right time, do give the writing a go, it will help to distract you
Anniexx 33900
annie

Postby chenrezig » 19 Apr 2014, 18:08

Thought it was about time I checked these, the BBC and Open Learning websites are still okay, but the E-college one seems to have vanished ...
chenrezig

Postby chenrezig » 06 May 2014, 09:20

go90
Last edited by chenrezig on 06 May 2014, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
chenrezig

Postby annie » 06 May 2014, 11:20

There are some good courses on there Liz may have a look at the BBC art and design
annie

Return to TV, Pets, Books,Films,Radio,Knitting and Hobbies