Care

This is a Public board

Moderator: Global Moderator

Care

Postby wendy » 01 Jul 2015, 16:20

I was speaking today to someone who said if there came a time when care was needed at home, they would employ a Filipino girl to come and live in the house.
They did have experience of this happening within the further family, and said what a positive experience it had been.
This worked out at least half the cost of going into a care home.
The family had found the girls to be very kind and caring and most of all honest.

What are your thoughts on this? Will this be the way forward?
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Care

Postby maureenho » 01 Jul 2015, 17:02

Speaking from experience if you require someone to cook, clean and give basic personal care then yes, but if your illness/disability is more complected and unpredictable I'd most certainly say NO, no way.
maureenho
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby annie » 01 Jul 2015, 17:13

At one time the NHS employed many Filipino nurses, while their nursing care could not be faulted, their command of English was not great & this is dangerous with patients with complex needs
annie

Postby Honey » 02 Jul 2015, 01:22

Why don't they bring back council employed home helps and day centres.
They worked.
Honey

Postby wendy » 02 Jul 2015, 07:46

I agree Honey.
To get one of these Fillipino nurses you would have to be wealthy because the authorities would not do funding.
The family had twice used these ladies and were very pleased saying they were caring and loyal and honest people.
This is why they would use them again and of course they would be interviewed by the family and references would be checked.
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ajudd » 20 Jul 2015, 09:10

My Mother in Lincolnshire had the benefit of a very good care team, it was a private company, but the ladies were excellent. We couldn't fault them. The name of the company was Amphion, based in Ashby. My Mum loved the carers. There is no right or wrong with care packages, it depends on the individual. However, I agree care homes are to be avoided - if at all possible!
ajudd
Welcome
Welcome

Return to Daily discussion forum