[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Carers Chill4us | Carers message board • View topic - Ask Auntie Liz ........................................

Ask Auntie Liz ........................................

This is a Public board

Moderator: Global Moderator

Re: Ask Auntie Liz ........................................

Postby chenrezig » 10 Jul 2013, 07:33

I don't know if there is a technical answer to this as I haven't yet been able to find a reliable site, all the ones I have found people all pile in with various theories in how to do it. I have read about not keeping bananas in a fridge as they either go black when you get them out, or if they are too green they stop ripening altogether.

The one that I have found that works for me?

I don't like my bananas green, what you might call soft but not overdone so I don't buy too many at a time say three of four and leave them out for a day or two til they start to "turn" then put them in the fridge until I want them and take them out "on demand"..

Throwing this one open to anyone else who wants to offer a solution?
chenrezig

Postby debzsanderson » 10 Jul 2013, 09:49

I might be able to help. I use a site called Lakeland and they have something called a banana bag!
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/12159/Banana-Bag

Debz xx
debzsanderson

Postby chenrezig » 10 Jul 2013, 11:59

than999 Debz !
chenrezig

Postby mumxtwo » 10 Jul 2013, 13:18

mumxtwo

Postby daisy » 10 Jul 2013, 14:37

than999
daisy

Postby JaneJ » 10 Jul 2013, 18:34

lakeland products are fantastic.

They have a solution for everything!

xxxx
JaneJ

Postby sandy4 » 10 Jul 2013, 23:32

I once read on the web that parting bans from the bunch will have them last longer I found that it did. 
sandy4

Postby mumxtwo » 11 Jul 2013, 06:49

than999 Sandy, I will try that tip too!  gpr
mumxtwo

Postby Honey » 07 Aug 2013, 00:50

What became of Kim Peeks father?
Is he still living?
Cant find anything on the net re him.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituar ... -Peek.html
Honey

Postby Honey » 07 Aug 2013, 01:11

Honey

Postby chenrezig » 18 Sep 2013, 14:43

I missed the last two posts as I was on holiday that week ... but with Chill's new website I thought it was time to restart the "Ask Auntie Liz" thread ... so what would you like to ask ???
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 05 Mar 2015, 17:04

What year was the first series on the TV?
I think it was about 1967
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 05 Mar 2015, 17:09

Do you mean the first "soap" ? Or first Drama series? On BBC/ITV in Uk only ?
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 05 Mar 2015, 18:36

Sorry, I meant when did Poldark come on the TV
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 05 Mar 2015, 19:24

The original TV series of Poldark ran from 5 October 1975 – 4 December 1977, two series with a total of 29 episodes
chenrezig

Postby JaneJ » 06 Mar 2015, 09:29

I recently discovered hippopotamus milk is pink. Why is that?

xxxx
JaneJ

Postby chenrezig » 06 Mar 2015, 15:46

So far, the only reference I can find to hippo milk online is that it is an urban myth that it is pink. However, hippo's do secrete "sweat" is red, and apparently acts as a natural sunscreen

Hippo Sweat - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipposudoric_acid

If anyone else has a definitive answer I woudl be delighted to hear it !
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 06 Mar 2015, 17:17

well I never did
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaneJ » 07 Mar 2015, 17:00

Thank you auntie Liz.

That was really interestjng
JaneJ

Postby chenrezig » 05 May 2015, 19:05

co900 sp0 You've passed !
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 05 Jun 2015, 11:08

Auntie Liz, please have you ever heard of a child being allergic to MacDonalds or internet games?
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wendy » 05 Jun 2015, 11:22

this topic has had over 64,000 views!
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 05 Jun 2015, 15:12

Crikey !!!

Re Mcdonalds - here is the page listing their ingredients - http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/whatm ... ation.html

And this is specific to the UK
http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/content/dam/ ... D%20V1.pdf

re the internet -some people have claimed to be "allergic" to Wi-fi and wireless signals, but as far as I can see, nothing has been scientifically proven
chenrezig

Postby wendy » 05 Jun 2015, 16:01

thank you
wendy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chenrezig » 05 Jun 2015, 17:15

Has anyone else any more questions?
chenrezig

PreviousNext

Return to Daily discussion forum